Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Only 10 days until registration ends!

Hey Racers, I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself and pass along some more information about the upcoming Pub Race.

First I want to say that I am truly honored to help organize this magnificent event. Jacob and I have been working hard over the past few weeks scouting locations and brainstorming ideas to guarantee that the Pub Race is the most fun you will ever have getting smashed on a Saturday afternoon. For you doubters that are saying "No way, nothing could top that one Saturday tailgate/St. Patty's Day/wedding/etc" I challenge you to tell me I'm wrong after the Pub Race (unless you went to a tailgate before a wedding on St. Patty's Day - we can't compete with that).

Anyways, the last day to register is Friday, April 20th. That's only 10 days from today and about two weeks before the actual Pub Race. Registration only requires a team name and a quick email, so find two minutes to let us know that you want in. Space is limited and you do not want to get a reply to the tune of "We're full. I warned you about this. Slackers."

Also, because we're all responsible adults it should go without saying that you will not be driving away from the Pub Race, so logic would indicate that you won't be driving to the Pub Race. Sure, you can get a taxi to Finn MacCool's, but if you're cheap like me you will want to find a bus that gets you close to the Starting Line.

You can take the 71, 72, 73 from downtown, the 43, 49 from Cap Hill, or find something else that works using the following link:

http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/cgi-bin/itin_page.pl

Tons of buses run through the U-District, so hopefully you will not have trouble getting there on time. And speaking of being on time, we expect to start promptly at 2 pm, so please aim to show up by 1:45. If you plan to grab some lunch prior to the event (Finn MacCool's has a full menu - available on their web site), please plan accordingly.

That's it for now, we'll keep you updated as more info becomes available :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home